Re: Advice with uncooperative maintainers

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 08:11:27PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> >> What am I supposed to do on this?  Bring the issue to the technical committe?
> >> Speak with the DPL? (As the tech ctte documentation suggests). I'll appreciate
> >> any constructive feedback on this.
>
> The procedure is documented so follow it (if other more social means
> have been exhausted).

So you suggest that I bring this to the technical committe?  But all the
technical committe can do is judging wether the patch should be applied or
not.  Pushing my patch during the at all cost is not what I want.  I just
want to know how to deal with maintainers that don't fall in either of these
categories:

  1) Accept my patch and apply it.
  2) Reject my patch and reply to me.
  3) Ignore me and let me NMU.

I have a clear social walkthrough for any of the above.  In case 1 I say
thanks, in case 2 I ask why and try to solve the problem, in case 3 I upload
a fix.  Is there any generic solution for these situations?

--
Robert Millan

(Debra and Ian) (Gnu's Not (UNiplexed Information and Computing System))/\
(kernel of *(Berkeley Software Distribution))