Re: Advice with uncooperative maintainers

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 02:50:20AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> I'm seeking advice on dealing with uncooperative maintainers.

It takes two to cooperate.

What appears to be missing in this instance is any possibility
of help from you in satisfying Ryan's goals; meanwhile calling Ryan
"uncooperative" on -devel and doing BSD specific NMUs when Debian's trying
to freeze are both likely to actively work against Ryan's interests. Is it
really unclear why you don't have an idyllically cooperative relationship
with him?

> What am I supposed to do on this?  Bring the issue to the technical committe?
> Speak with the DPL? (As the tech ctte documentation suggests). I'll appreciate
> any constructive feedback on this.

It sounds more like you're looking for an alternative way of getting
what you want that doesn't require you to cooperate with Ryan. I don't
actually think that's an entirely unreasonable thing to want, but it
has different answers to the question you asked.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.