Re: SPF - exim4 + debian.org

On Sun, 25.07.2004 at 21:33:31 -0700, Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Anything with a non-alphanumeric character in it is an improvement over
> something without that.  Anything with a rarely used character is an even
> better improvement (underscore, perhaps).

Users like "Debian-exim4" are most commonly required for daemons. Why
not make them, eg. _exim4?

That should not conflict much with actual usage, and it takes up only
one character out of eight, instead of seven.

> Personally, I prefer capital letters, but I know that drives other people nuts.

Me, for instance ;)

> long-back, but we certainly haven't reserved every name that matches a
> Debian package name.

Yes... if you could tell more about that underscore usage (except that
this convention is being used in OpenBSD for such system users), I'm
very interested to hear.

Best,
--Toni++