Re: After new install: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale

In article <[🔎] 1giaqsf.1ln33l5h563feM%otto.wyss@orpatec.ch> you write:
>I've just installed a new Debian/sarge a few days ago but since then I
>always got the message
>
>Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
>Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
>
>Calling locale shows the right entries
>
>LANG=de_CH.88951
>LC_CTYPE="de_CH.88951"
>LC_ALL=
>
>except for the 2 messages above. Also when I start an application I get
>"Cannot set locale to ''." so I guess there is a problem with the locale
>settings.
>
>O. Wyss

It's a bug in xterm that has already been reported.  Either
dpkg-reconfigure locales and add the appropriate utf8 locale, use a
console, or fix the broken shell script.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html