Re: /bin/sh == bash?

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:29:55PM +0200, David Weinehall wrote:
> Please, usually the non-POSIX stuff is easy to remove, and just papering
> over the problems by using SHELL=/bin/bash should only be used as
> a solution when no other option seems reasonably possible.

But why? Often the bashisms make scripts much more readable (and
therefore maintainable). Especially for package build scripts.
And bash is essential, so why not use it?

I can see that a minimal Debian system (eg an embedded system) might
want to omit bash to save space, but a development system could always
include it.

Next thing you'll ask me to stop using VIM too :)

Hamish