Re: ITP: preview -- General purpose image viewer for GNUstep

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 03:24:46AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> NeXTSTEP-inspired applications and is quite specific.  As long as GNUstep
> is also mentioned explicitly in the package definition, I have a hard time
> seeing how a .app package name is either going to confuse users or
> conflict with any other non-GNUstep package.

Yeah, I'm okay with it too.  I'm just saying -- we all know GNUStep
kinda broke the spirit of the rule.  KDE, Gnome, WindowMaker all used
non-dictionary things, GNUStep didn't.  Kinda slimey.  That's the
elephant in the room.

But, like I said, if they stick to .app then we can all get along.  But
nobody else should be so cheeky.