Re: Bits from the WNPP: RFH tag

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Ben Burton wrote:

> It's not much of a justification -- it basically amounts to "my way is
> right" followed by a personal insult to anyone who disagrees.
>
> Switching to gender-neutral language is not exactly an outrageous ask.
> Official, technical and scientific documents manage it all the time.

Given that times have changed and gender-neutral language is now the norm,
the Register is historically correct.

The first woman was elected to the local synod on the basis that in law
the masculine pronoun (he) includes the feminine pronoun (she).  I don't
know if this was a US legal principle.

Phil (The pedant).

  I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs & DVDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz