Re: SPF - exim4 + debian.org

Miles Bader <miles@lsi.nec.co.jp> writes:

> If the length is the problem, why not just "deb-exim" or something?
> That seems much less likely to conflict.

Anything with a non-alphanumeric character in it is an improvement over
something without that.  Anything with a rarely used character is an even
better improvement (underscore, perhaps).  Personally, I prefer capital
letters, but I know that drives other people nuts.

Bear in mind that there are people like me who are trying to deploy Debian
as the operating system for public login clusters, where we have no way of
retroactively deciding that some username isn't okay because it conflicts
with a system user.  The standard stuff (sys, bin, etc.) has been reserved
long-back, but we certainly haven't reserved every name that matches a
Debian package name.