Re: Description of tasks

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 06:22:31PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> [2004-07-15 01:32]:
> > Yes.  I hereby volunteer to be an FTPmaster and an AM.  What?  You
> > don't want my help?
>
> I hereby volunteer to be the main GCC maintainer.  What?  You don't
> want my help?
>
> Maybe this is not how it works?

You know, I don't exactly recall when I got slapped with commit access to
the GCC repository... I think about the time the "main" maintainer got
tired of handling all of the patches submitted for the NetBSD stuff. :)

And I *know* I got SVN access to the X stuff because BR didn't want to
deal with the brain-twisting bits of imake hackery going on for it. And
anyone thinking he let me into the cabal because I've never made a mistake
should go Google on his name, mine, and debian-devel. Look for the thread
in all caps....

While I may have strong opinions about the visibility into certain roles
in the project, and I really do think many of them need to have *some*
documentation (though from other messages it sounds like this may be
worked on soon, explicitly) about what's involved, both of the "cabal"
positions I have are entirely because I did something that meant it made
sense to give me access to do more of it.

(I wish I had the time to help more with RMing or AMing or d-i reports, but
I haven't even managed to do more than maintain my own packages and keep
up to date with GCC/X stuff for most of this summer due to spending a huge
chunk of time on my spouse's art business; even so, I may take a whack at
some d-i reports if I can manage access this weekend, since some is better
than none.)
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU/kNetBSD(i386) porter                                      : :' :