Re: MPlayer

absolutly true, about every possible thing in the world is patented. The
prior art thing just . Well just doesn't seems to exist.

Otherwise the list is quite long just top of my head: certicom -> diffie-hellman (so
openssl, ike, openvpn, well every possible public key based auth
protos), l2tp (cisco), pptp (ms), vrrp (cisco), and i am sure we can
find something about forwarding packet with a cache (f*** we need to
remove the kernel too !!) and that's just the last stuffs i checked on.
Look at most of the ietf rfc's and drafts, they all mention IP stuffs.

The problem are patents. Strictly enforcing code copyrights is, i believe,
an absolute must, but if you start with patents the same way, we better should
start all doing close source stuffs again or the debian archive will
move soon to kazaa and bittorrent. dooh ! those may well become illegals
as well, better do it soon.

J.