Re: Summary of the LSM Free Software Printing Summit

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

>  Just out of curiosity, what does this report have to do at
> debian-devel-announce?

It's a status report by a representative of Debian.

>  Is it just me or do other see this also as a misuse of the list?

On the contrary debian-devel-announce is precisely the right place to post
this type of thing.  It is a subject that all members of the project need
to know about yet don't necessarily need to follow completely.  On
debian-devel such a message would just get lost amidst all the arguments.

I want to see more of the little sub groups in Debian using d-d-a to keep
us uptodate on what they're doing.  It's the only way a huge project like
ours can keep in one piece.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>