Re: "Fastest Linux of the world", hardware detection, X11 config

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Aaron M. Ucko wrote:
>
>> Try installing menu-xdg....
>
> Well, I installed it, how do I get it to change the gnome menu?

I was under the impression that it would Just Work, but I guess it's
not quite that simple; at any rate, it appears to put a (separate)
Debian menu in /var/lib/menu-xdg/menus/debian-menu.menu and add a
symlink in /etc/xdg/menus.  I don't know whether you still need to
point anything explicitly at the file.

(I've never really gotten into the whole desktop-environment thing
myself, as my tastes are relatively minimal.)

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.