On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:31:35 +0200, Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> said:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:08:41 +0200, Martin Michlmayr - Debian
> Project
> Leader <leader@debian.org> wrote:
>> For example, if you want to help the ftpmaster team, one way would
>> be to help with katie, the archive software tools.  There is a long
>> TODO list and nothing stops people from sending in patches.  This
>> would show the ftpmaster team that you're interested in this task,
>> actually understand the software involved and can contribute, and
>> it would be a first step of contact.

> Who would want to send in patches to a team that is known not to
> communicate with outsiders? otoh, ftpmaster has their technical act
> together pretty well. The problem lies in the social skills, and
> nobody can volunteer to teach the members of the ftpmaster team
> proper communication skills.

	I don't know of a single team that does not communicate with
 outsiders. I know of some that don't respond to hostile and oft-rude
 twits, but that is a different story.

	manoj
--
Conceptual integrity in turn dictates that the design must proceed
from one mind, or from a very small number of agreeing resonant