Re: apt-listchanges installed by default

(Sorry if threading is messed up by this mail: I'm not subscribed to
debian-devel. For this reason, please CC: me on replies.)

When I originally asked about NEWS.Debian translations in March, I got a
small response. Andreas Metzler[1] wanted to make sure we could still
read NEWS.Debian files after installation, and Martin Quinson[2]
suggested we use po4a.

I have absolutely no time to implement anything in apt-listchanges for
at least a month, though.

> On a vaguely related note, recently some folks have noted that the
> display of news is not easily distinguished from the display of
> changelogs

Personally, I preferred when --- BEGIN NEWS --- ... --- END NEWS --- was
on NEWS entries, like when we first implemented NEWS.Debian entries.

1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2004/03/msg00090.html
2. http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2004/03/msg00098.html

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

If you use Internet Explorer, your computer isn't safe.
http://getfirefox.com/ and leave pop-up ads, spyware and viruses behind.