On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 08:38:46PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Apparently you have woody/i386 (our stable arch) running on an amd64 box
> today and are concerned about an upgrade path to amd64 in sarge.

Actually, it's sarge.

> You're right, there isn't one.  The answer is very simple- wait for
> sarge+1 and multiarch.  If you're happy with i386 on amd64 today then
> feel free to continue to use it, I don't believe anything we're
> introducing would cause you any problems there.

That's not my concern.  I can deal with the issues on my machine,
just fine.

But this is reminding me of some of the pain from the /usr/doc ->
/usr/share/doc/ transition.  [Where most everyone thought it was easy
right up until it became a big hairy mess.]  I'd rather not go through
something like that again.  [And why did we go through that at all?
For LSB compliance.]

> I hope this clears up what your complaint with pure64 is so that other
> people can read it and judge themselves how they feel about it.

Not even close.

--
Raul