* James Troup (james@nocrew.org) wrote:
> If anyone thinks this GR will actually achieve anything positive,
> they're mistaken.

I'm on the fence about the GR, personally.  Not my idea, didn't even
respond when people called for comments on it.  Certainly other methods
would be preferred by everyone.

> If you want to help with getting amd64 into the archive then, please,
> reign in its more vocal proponents - they're only succeeding in
> delaying its addition to the archive.
[...]
> [1] Don't get me wrong - I couldn't care less if/how random people
>     insult me and the fact that several of the folks who keep
>     demanding its inclusion into the archive have been personally
>     abusive to me doesn't in anyway affect amd64's inclusion into the
>     archive.  It does however mean that I tend to ignore mail from
>     them and threads started by them.

These appear to disagree with each other and I'm not sure which to
follow.  Certainly I understand the tendency (I've done it myself,
though I'm not proud of it) to ignore/delay issues when they're brought
up by people I'm not a big fan of.  Unfortunately, in general these are
not the only people affected by the issues and ignoring/delaying them
hurts others.  I also don't see those people/actions as a justification
for ignoring/delaying things which are clearly larger than the few
people and their actions.

	Stephen