Re: "remove this package from another developer"

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 11:31:43PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> It is not.  But as far as I have gathered so far, once d-l gets into a
> consensus that something is not DFSG-compliant, it gets quite difficult to
> convince someone that matters (one of the ftp-masters) that you're correct,
> and everyone else is wrong.

Most of the time, a consensus is reached which convinces the maintainer, and
either the package is removed or the license fixed.  It's very uncommon for
a maintainer to be so uncooperative as to ignore d-legal entirely, so this
issue doesn't come up much.

(So, while I'm not aware of any cases where the ftpmasters have gone
against the consensus of d-legal, the number of cases where this comes
up at all seems very small, so that's not much of a statement.)

As far as I can tell, the maintainer made no counterarguments at all in
the recent thread; not even presenting a case (or a link to a previous
one, if any), so I think there's nothing more to do but to finish the
license summary and then punt it to the ftpmasters.

--
Glenn Maynard