Re: Minutes of #debian-boot meeting of 20040706 (was: Debian Installer IRCmeeting on Tuesday 07/06 20:00 UTC)

Rick Thomas wrote:
> Last night I tried installing both 2.4 and 2.6 on my OldWorld Beige G3.
> (using the sarge netinst daily CD from 2004/07/07)  Neither worked, but
> for different reasons.
>
> I've sent installation reports to submit@bugs.debian.org but they
> haven't yet shown up on the list with a bug number.
>
> kernel 2.6 died trying to discover disk hardware -- segfaults.
>
> kernel 2.4 died trying to install a kernel -- something about missing
> dependencies involving kernel modules package.

I don't know about your 2.6 problem, but 0707 was a bad day to be
testing, since none of the images install at all. The second problem you
encountered is likely due to that, though I'm not 100% sure.

--
see shy jo