Re: Mozilla "PostScript/default" security problems

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 02:50, Brian Nelson wrote:
> Louis Guerin <louisguerin@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:27:38 -0700, Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Err, I thought the point was that they aren't fixable in unstable
> >> (without downgrading, anyway)...
> >
> > Anything's fixable, it's just a matter of difficulty... in this case
> > rebuilding from source with preferred options, or using someone else's
> > unofficial packages.
>
> Users shouldn't have to rebuild packages to fix a major bug, like broken
> printing support.

This I agree with, but as *I* have said before, unless people are
willing to deal with the problems Sid presents from time to time... well
choose Woody. Yeah I know it is old. Yeah but it works reliably.

> I don't even know if printing is broken in galeon or epiphany since I
> don't use those browsers.  However, people have been reporting that is
> case, and if it is, it needs to be fixed.

Another point well stated.

> > Not ideal, and it doesn't change the fact that things shouldn't need
> > to be re-fixed just because they were fixed when they weren't
> > originally broken.
>
> "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it"?

Ding-Ding-Ding we have a WINNAH!

--
greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup