Re: Patched alsa.m4 in Debian breaks autoreconf of alsa-utils

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 01:21:30AM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> I discovered a problem with alsa.m4 in libasound2-dev when I tried to
> run autoreconf on a project (ld10k1) that uses ALSA. The configuration
> needed to be modified in order to compile on Debian sid. I added
> ALSA_CFLAG and ALSA_LIBS to the CFLAG and LIBS variable in Makefile.am
> for the program targets.

That sounds like they're broken and expect the default environment (CFLAGS
and LIBS) to be already set up, i.e. they depend on the buggy old alsa.m4
that munged it. In which case the response is to fix them, because they
should have used ALSA_{CFLAGS,LIBS} in the first place, even with the old
version of alsa.m4.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.