Re: GR voting period about to expire ...

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 09:57:46AM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 01:44:42PM +0200, Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> was heard to say:
> > It is sad isn't it, if only a quarter of the d-ds care to vote on a
> > issue a lot more important than the DPL election.
>
>   Do we have evidence that votes are evenly distributed throughout the
> voting period?

No, to the contrary, although it isn't very far off ignoring the
irregular voting frequency, usually hopping based on call for votes. See
[1]. Note that this thread is very likely the cause for the current jump
in number of votes. Active campaigning for voting might help[2]!

See [3], [4] and [5] for older graphs of past votes this year.
Fortunately, it seems the last 2 days or so feature usually a 'just in
time to vote' race to the ballot box.

--Jeroen

[1] http://master.debian.org/~srivasta/gr_sarge_vote_detailed.html
[2] But maybe all those voting now would otherwise have voted just
    before the deadline, nobody knows...
[3] http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/leader2004_vote_detailed
[4] http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/gr_non_free_vote_detailed
[5] http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/gr_editorial_vote_detailed