Re: a forth release?

Hi, Frank Küster wrote:

> Furthermore, it would be very hard to tell whether a newly filed bug for
> sure does *not* apply to the version in testing.

Isn't somebody working on tagging bug reports with version numbers?

The reporter could then indicate if the bug has always existed,
it's a broken new feature (which doesn't affect anything else), or a
regression.

Granted that this won't be foolproof... but probably good enough.

The major problem I see with this is dependency tracking. It's a problem
now. It'd be a whole lot more difficult (you might need to pull
intermediate versions from snapshot.d.net) with this scheme.

--
Matthias Urlichs