Re: glibc 2.3.2 reinstalling from sources failed

At Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:44:07 +0400,
Dmitry M. Chepel <assad@agava.ru> wrote:
> after I see message version GLIBC_2.3.3 not defined for libthread.
> than I remove
> GLIBC_2.3.3 {
> }  from file nptl/Version and nptl_db/Version

It simply breaks glibc.

> I can reinstall glibc 2.3.2 without nptl on the kernel 2.4.26,
> but with enable-add-ons=linuxthreads and
> I was Reading that for kernel 2.5/2.6 needed,
> but in default Sarge nptl is work.
> And I am need to change DEFAULT ld-2.3.2.so for "Sarge".

NPTL needs 2.6 kernel.  There's no other option.  In default, on 2.4
kernel, pthread library is linuxthreads.  BTW, patching ld-2.3.2.so is
different stuff from nptl issue.  I guess you may be confused with
other things.

> Q:How make glibc if I want change only ld-2.3.2.so.

If you use debian, I recommend you to try building debian glibc
package in first, and to investigate the result:

	apt-get update && apt-get build-dep
	apt-get source libc6 && cd glibc-2.3.2.ds1 && debuild

Regards,
-- gotom