Re: Freeswan in Debian, or: Why I am such a bad maintainer

Previously Marc Haber wrote:
> Linux 2.6 ipsec sucks, because it makes packet filtering much harder
> and more complicated, and debugging nearly impossible because you
> don't see the unencrypted packet with tcpdump.

As was already mentioned it isn't perfect yet; netfilter hooks are
definitely one such area. It does however have a nice modern design
and has the benefit of being the officialy blessed implementation on
which all future development will be based, so expect things to improve
rapidly.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net>    It is simple to make things.