Re: Freeswan in Debian, or: Why I am such a bad maintainer

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 03:06:29PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> As I undertand it Debian kernels now feature the Linux ipsec backport,
> basically making the kernel-patch-freeswan stuff obsolete. So why not
> simply just package the freeswan userland to use that? That should be
> pretty simple.

Linux 2.6 ipsec sucks, because it makes packet filtering much harder
and more complicated, and debugging nearly impossible because you
don't see the unencrypted packet with tcpdump.

Greetings
Marc

Karlsruhe, Germany |  lose things."    Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 721 966 32 15
Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 721 966 31 29