Re: [RANT] French translation for debconf templates stucked at 90% : analysis

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> schrieb:

>> > The ideal coordination would be
>> >
>> > 1. Notify every translators and receiving translation before inital upload
>> >   (so that we don't have a window of non-translated package in sid)
>>
>> Is there yet a script that parses the po files and generates a list of
>> e-mail addresses of recent translators?
>
> Like what we produce in the webpages already?
> http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/ja

Hm, no. For one package on my disk, get the addresses of all recent
translators in a form that I can paste in a Cc line.

> It should be trivial; yes; because we already have the result
> of such output on our webpages :)

Of course it's quite trivial. Still there may be pitfalls (like
different coding of the names), and why should I try myself if there's
yet one?

Here's a first try, not taking care of any coding issues:

grep "Last-Translator" debian/po/*.po | sed -e 's/.*\(<.*@.*>\).*/\1, /g' | tr "\n" " " | sed -e 's/,  $/\n/'

It would be nice if debconf-updatepo could fire up an editor for an
e-mail with those recipients, a boilerplate text and templates.pot as an
attachment. Unfortunately, I'm not the one who's going to write the
patch this week or next...

Regards, Frank

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie