Re: mass bug gnustep programs: policy violation

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:15:43 +0200, Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> said:

> * Chris Cheney (ccheney@cheney.cx) [040623 20:55]:
>> On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 09:58:56PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
>> > * Dan Weber (dan@mirrorlynx.com) [040622 05:40]:

>> > Well, though I agree that this is a serious bug, I consider it
>> > inappropriate to try to deal with this pre-sarge. If we want to
>> > get sarge out, we can't always insists on doing major changes to
>> > complex packages _now_.

>> They could just be removed from sarge and be released again with
>> sarge+1... Not every package with a RC bug has to be fixed and
>> released with sarge, it is common practice to pull them if they
>> don't get fixed in time.

> You're not really suggesting to not release gnustep in sarge?

	Why not, if it violates something like the FHS, which isfar
 from a new requirement for Debian packages? Are going to let
 standards conformance and quality suffer in our headlong rush to
 release something, anything, just release now rush?

	manoj
--
Don't vote -- it only encourages them!