Re: How long is it acceptable to leave *undistributable* files in the kernel package?

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 14:38, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> * Nathanael Nerode (neroden@twcny.rr.com) [040615 21:27]:
> > I request that the people planning to take over kernel maintenance comment
> > ASAP on their plans regarding this issue, and what sort of help would be
> > appreciated.
>
> would it be ok if they hand in their humble suggestions at your
> front desk in written form? or would you rather want them to
> report to you in person?
>
> hint: your tone is not appropriet and you are not the one to
> order them around.

Then who is? This problem has been known about for a long time, and a
lot of developers would like to see some progress on it. No one should
*need* to order Debian developers to follow copyright law in their
Debian work; it should be the default. Plus, I'd rather Nathanael do it
than the US government. (I also found his tone civil, if curt.)

It's not even a request to remove it, just one asking for some
indication on what kind of schedule or plans are going on, and *an offer
for help*.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>