Re: Who decides arch names?

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 04:24:52PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

 > This, I think, is a really poor substitute for discussion on the
 > proper mailing lists.  I think it is deeply wrong to exclude people's
 > input in such a major change simply because they are not at Debconf.
 > To many here, this appears as a dictum foisted on us from someone
 > that has not been ever charged with determining architecture naming.
 > I believe the choice lies with ftpmaster, not a dpkg committer.

 Agreed.  Now be so kind to s/Debconf/IRC/g

 During a recent discussion regarding a bug a fine Debian maintainer
 pointed out how the bug's topic was discussed _outside_ the BTS and the
 most excellent conclusions which were found that way.  He was talking
 either about RL or IRC, I dare guess.  He also made me see what a lazy
 person I am for not keeping up with neither the bug's webpage (I have
 enough time to sit all day long clicking reload) nor traffic which is,
 by design, not Cc'ed to the bug's submitter.

 Marcelo

 PS: Can we make "Reading Skills" a part of the NM process... *please*?