Re: dehs and new watch files... was: Re: uscan over all packages....

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 08:43:57PM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
> I don't understand why you need an overrides file. Why not just submit
> wishlist bugs, with a link to a QA page that explains why a watch file
> is a Good Thing[TM] even if it is of no use for the individual
> maintainer?

Because maintainers aren't likely to make a new upload just for a watch
file, and some packages don't get uploaded on a weekly basis.  Also, some
maintainers *will* refuse to add the watch file "just because".  At the end
of the day, that's pretty much their decision, absent a Policy requirement
to have watch files (oh dear ghod) or a TC decision telling them to add it.

- Matt