Re: libcurl2 7.12.0-1 breakage and its removal from unstable

Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 6. Juni 2004 10:07 schrieb Wouter Verhelst:
>> On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 09:31:05AM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
[Why I do not like epochs]
>> > * They are hidden. They don't appear in the filename.

>> That's a feature, not a bug.

Well, it is a feature I do not like. As I need to secify the version
*with* epoch whenever I need refer to a version (apt-get, Depends, ...)
hiding it half of the time just sucks, *IMHO*.

> kwin_4%3a3.2.2-1_i386.deb

> I think the epoch is "4" here. So its in the filename.

No, it is only included in the filenames in /var/cache/apt/archives
that have been mangled by apt. You won't find the epoch in filenames
generated by dpkg-buildpackage or on ftp.debian.org
                 cu andreas
--
NMUs aren't an insult, they're not an attack, and they're
not something to avoid or be ashamed of.