new udev and makedev packages
They are available at http://www.bofh.it/~md/debian/.
*Please* test them before I will upload them to the archive, I want to
be sure that they will not break.
makedev (2.3.1-70) unstable; urgency=medium
* NMU to move /etc/udev/.dev/ to /.dev/, Conflict with udev <= 0.024-7.
* Do not fail if /proc is not mounted. (Closes: #246421)
udev (0.024-8) unstable; urgency=medium
* Removed MAKEDEV-wrapper and Conflict with makedev <= 2.3.1-69.
* /etc/udev/.dev/ moved to /.dev/. (Closes: #246592)
If you do not want to see it anyway, just rmdir it.
You will have to manually remove /etc/udev/.dev/ after the next reboot.
You want to reboot soon anyway because MAKEDEV has been updated to look
for the new directory.
* Added a script to create by default a /dev/cdrom symlink, courtesy of
Michal ?iha?. (Closes: #247179)
* Added Japanese debconf template translation. (Closes: #245434)
* Add /dev/misc/nvram to devfs.rules. (Closes: #246125)
* Fixed the group of /dev/fb*. (Closes: #246011)
* When installing on a devfs system enable compat-full.rules if
/dev/tty1 exists. (Closes: #251146)
* Removed support for $udev_root from the init script. (Closes: #249183)
* Do not start udev if the kernel lacks tmpfs support. (Closes: #250476)
* Make the nvram device g+rw and owned by group nvram.
Marco | [6483 coRCWQLYzB0fc]