Trying to get mcvs into testing

Hi,

The Meta-CVS package, mcvs, does not currently have any chance of going
into testing as it is not available on an architecture where it used to
be available on before (mips).

The reason for this is not directly because of the mcvs package, though,
as it needs a clisp module that is no longer built for mips. The clisp
module FFI does not currently get built on all architectures but did in the
past exist for mips. Will Newton, the clisp maintainer, is aware of this but
needs help in order to fix this bug (#200400). The ideal situation would be
if a MIPS guru would step up and solve the build problems with FFI on mips,
but given that it has not happened yet I don't think it will happen in
the near future.

In the mean time, is there any other way that mcvs could make it into
testing? Has it ever been the case that a developer requested for an
architecture of his package to be removed from a distribution? I'm aware
that this would just be circumventing the real problem, but out of
curiosity I just have to ask.

Thanks!
--
Robin