Re: Debian From Scratch

Matt Zimmerman(mdz@debian.org)@2004.05.24 13:26:57 +0000:
> On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 12:46:44AM -0700, Stephen Birch wrote:
>
> > Other than debootstrap, does anyone know of a tool that creates the
> > bare minimal debian configuration. It should have just enough to boot
> > and run apt?
>
> That is what debootstrap does.  Why "other than debootstrap"?

Hi Matt,

I like debootstrap a great deal, but the image produced by debootstrap
is much larger than we want, this is for an embedded application. I am
aware of the embedian project, but that is at the other end of the
spectrum; we don't need to be as compact as that.

One kludge would be to use debootstrap and thun run a cleanup script
to remove files not required by our application ... like
/usr/share/doc for example.

Steve