Obtaining information on running processes

Hi there,

How can I retrieve information on the running processes thru a program written
in c? Is there any function that does something like lsof ?? I need
specifically info on processes communicating thru the local network, like
lsof -i. I know I can get most of the info from /proc/net/tcp (inode, ports,
etc...), but how can I get the PID of the processes listed in this file, and
also, the NAME of the process (field NAME when running lsof -i)

--
Thiago dos Santos Guzella
Linux User #354160

"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." Linus Torvalds