Re: [wli@holomorphy.com: Re: NMU: kernel]

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 01:33:10PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> My package is my castel, oh how wonderful.  Without giving up one the
> I need my own base package mentality debian's kernel package won't
> go anywehre.  I've always wondered why the Debian X maintainers can
> maintain a single sourcebase for all architectures, although their
> upstream is completely uninterested in most of the porting changes
> while for the kernel everyone has too cook their own soup.

This may be so, but for better or worse, I'm not here to challenge
a precedent. I believe the only proper arena to challenge this is
2.6, which AIUI has made a concerted effort to work with all
architectures. I would like to obtain the sanction and/or cooperation
of all the various debian kernel port maintainers to arrange things so
that unified sources can be kept, but am absolutely unwilling to do it
"by force" so to speak.

-- wli