Re: Don't understand the trouble with firmware !

Am 2004-05-15 22:18:16, schrieb Francesco Paolo Lovergine:
>On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 07:02:03PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
>>
>> I think, there is realy no problem to put closed-source firmware in
>> "non-free" but make it easy to get the firmware downloaded (with wget)
>> if we can not distribute it with Debian (like the mgmt.o)
>>

>The problem is that some of that firmwares are needed e.g. for some
>ethernet cards (which could cause installation of the system impractical
>or difficult on many off-the-shelf systems) or for common graphic cards.

If they need Firmware on Start-Up for installation,
how do you install M$ Win eXPlode ?

I do not know any hardware which does not work with the c...y Win...

So the $WINUSER mut install Windows andafter this he mut install a
closed source Driver...

This -eq with Debian main/non-free

>That's not a simple problem of 'modules'. In some cases it could require
>to patch properly and rebuild the X server, the kernel or what else.
>Of course all that could be done, but I personally cannot find a good
>reason why John Newbie could be find convenient to do that, instead of
>installing Fedora or what else.
>
>And what if next processors will require downloading firmware to work?

Brain Oops !

microde ?

>Francesco P. Lovergine

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi