Re: Custom Debian Distributions at DebConf 4

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 08:39:09AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I recently noticed that at DebConf 4 is no official talk for Custom Debian
> Distributions is sceduled at
>
>     http://www.debconf.org/debconf4/?q=node/view/35

There will be a talk/workshop session for Custom Debian Distributions
on the schedule by end of the day.

Debian-NP is going to be running a sort of miniconf during the whole
Debconf to hack on some issues and problems we're having. As I've said
a couple times on -custom and also in private mails to you, -NP has
been given a couple formal talk periods on the second Wednesday and
we've offered to give the the prime -NP talk period for a sort of
presentation on CDDs more generally.

Currently, the schedule just says "Debian-NP" day which I understand
you feel is suboptimal (and I agree). I've already talked to Michelle
Ribeiro (Debconf organizer extraordinare) who's said we can sit down
together to reframe the schedule page to show the individual sessions
that are part of that day. The CDD talk separate billing as a
standalone talk on the schedule.

It's still not at the beginning of the conference but I hope this is
working in the right direction.

Regards,
Mako

--