Re: Spam in the lists out of control

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 08:11:48PM +0200, Milan P. Stanic wrote:
> On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 05:30:05PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > On May 09, Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> wrote:
> > > Those who still do not see the need to make the lists closed for non
> > > subscribers or non registered people (via the whitelist), please
> > > propose a better solution.
> >
> > [snip] or have Blars Blarson try on murphy the same recipes he uses
> > to filter spam in the BTS.
>
> Please, no! If Blars puts his recipes I will not be able to post
> to Debian mailing lists anymore, because his lists is bad.

No, Blars' personal spam filtering is considerably stricter than what he
uses in the BTS. He was quite clear when he joined owner@bugs that he
thought his personal filtering was too strict for the BTS (to general
agreement); I see no reason why he'd think differently for
lists.debian.org.

Blars' work has done fantastic things to bugs.debian.org's ham/spam
ratio, with an acceptably low rate of false positives as far as I've
been able to tell.