Re: Spam in the lists out of control

[ Sorry for OT post ]

http://www.blars.org/sapaf.html  (IIRC).
> The IP address you posted from appears to be  It does

> not appear in any of the realtime blackhole lists that I checked.  Of
> course there are others which I did not check.  But this is a pretty
> wide sampling of the popular ones.
>   rblcheck.pl
> not RBL filtered by list.dsbl.org
> not RBL filtered by rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org
> not RBL filtered by dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net
> not RBL filtered by bl.spamcop.net
> not RBL filtered by relays.ordb.org
> not RBL filtered by cbl.abuseat.org
> not RBL filtered by sbl.spamhaus.org

Your check is right. This mail server is listed only in Blars's (did
I wrote correctly?), but I forgot exact URL where that can be checked.

We have net-block, I contacted Blars and here is
his answer:
--------------------------------------------------------------------- is in BlarsBL for sending spam and hosting spammer
web sites.  abuse@eunet.yu was informed about the problem multiple
times and the spam continued.

Tried to post answer with explanation, but I give up after I've got
bounce :-(

You see, because some machine on are source of spam
(I didn't check, but that is likely true) Blars blocked network which
is not. Hi could block or

So, IMHO RBL is evil.

With amavisd-new, spamassassin, clamav and some postfix tweaking I
have less then 5% of spam in my users mailboxes.

Again, sorry for of-topic post.