Re: Social Contract: Practical Implications

> Modern fonts do not come with sources.

Just like modern programs don't come with sources. I guess we should
all just pack it up and go home, then.

Even ignoring arguments that TrueType is often the form we'd prefer to
edit, we have several fonts in Debian which have the honest-to-God
PfaEdit source. Repeat: SOME OF OUR FONTS COME WITH SOURCES BY ANY
DEFINITION OF THE WORD. Like ttf-freefont and ttf-isabell. So can
we stop repeating this damn sentence like it's the pure, unvarnished
truth?

And, even if it were, I don't see where negates our obligation to
our social contract. We aren't making a free system except where
it's inconveinant; we're making a free system period. Even when
Netscape was important, we didn't sneak it into main because we
needed it.

David Starner - dvdeug@debian.org
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm