Re: Mass bug filing: Cryptographic protection against modification

Matthew Garrett schrieb:
> But the GPL is modifiable. The preamble isn't. Yes, it would be nice if
> the preamble was.

This makes it as unfree or free as GFDLed documents.

> We arguably should alter the social contract to say
> "Debian will remain entirely free (except for two or three text files
> that we're required to distribute in order to actually be able to
> distribute any software whatsoever)", but it's not entirely clear how
> that would actually benefit anyone.

While doing so, one could consider if applying the DFSoftwareG to
icons, fonts or whatever makes more sense than applying it to the GPL.

Ciao,
                Eike

PS: Sorry, gmane doesn't allow me to crosspost.