Re: Mass bug filing: Cryptographic protection against modification

* Steve Langasek:

>> Wouldn't it be better to admit a mistake and cancel or correct it
>> then not to look too close at what one has done?
>> It doesn't get any better by not looking.
>
>   We provide the guidelines that we use to determine if a work is "free"
>   in the document entitled "The Debian Free Software Guidelines". We
>   promise that the Debian system and all its components will be free
>   according to these guidelines. We will support people who create or use
>   both free and non-free works on Debian. We will never make the system
>   require the use of a non-free component.
>
> So you are asserting that license texts are a "component of the Debian
> system", in contradiction to the claims of those who actually voted for
> this GR?

What is a "compoment of the Debian system"?  Is there any other
reasonable interpretation but "shipped as part of main"?

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, di-ve.com, hotmail.com,