Re: kernel maintenance

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 11:02:43AM -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:

> I suspect no one uses the list because there's nothing really to discuss.
> If you want a feature added, or a change made, you (currently) email
> Herbert Xu.  He vetos or accepts, and that's it.  You have no recourse if
> you disagree w/ his choice; there's no point in bringing it up on the
> debian-kernel list.

The previous message by Joey on d-d about current chaos of kernel releases
for the various archs shows that this policy is no more sufficient. More
communication among porters, patch maintainers and all people involved
with kernel management is now mandatory. That list is a way to have that
co-working effective. Surely it's not sufficient, but it's a first step.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine