Re: /media for sarge?

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:02:36 -0500, Chad Walstrom
<chewie@wookimus.net> wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 08:23:09AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
>> What kind of data will move from /var to /src? Web Content? File
>> system trees for chrooted daemons? Backups? CVS Repositories? Mail
>> Spool?
>
>You should take a look at the standards.  Google if you can't find it
>quickly.

The FHS is two clicks away from my home page, thanks. However, the
standard is very unspecific about this ("The methodology used to name
subdirectories of /srv is unspecified as there is currently no
consensus on how this should be done."). I don't find it unreasonable
to ask on a developer mailing list of a FHS-compliant distribution how
this distribution will use the new directory that hasn't
well-specified content.

Greetings
Marc