Re: /media for sarge?

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:02:36 -0500, Chad Walstrom
<chewie@wookimus.net> wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 08:23:09AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
>> What kind of data will move from /var to /src? Web Content? File
>> system trees for chrooted daemons? Backups? CVS Repositories? Mail
>> Spool?
>You should take a look at the standards.  Google if you can't find it

The FHS is two clicks away from my home page, thanks. However, the
standard is very unspecific about this ("The methodology used to name
subdirectories of /srv is unspecified as there is currently no
consensus on how this should be done."). I don't find it unreasonable
to ask on a developer mailing list of a FHS-compliant distribution how
this distribution will use the new directory that hasn't
well-specified content.