Re: reality check

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 08:44:38PM -0500, Ian Murdock wrote:
> If I were dead, I'd be rolling over in my grave right about now.

If you were dead, I'd like to be the first to write a funeral oration
extolling your contribution to the world and free software - but I'd
prefer to postpone this task for the next forty or fifty years if that's
OK with you :)

> The founding goal of Debian was to create a better distribution
> that could help bring free software to the world.  Let's get on
> with it, shall we?

I think some of the Debian folk _are_ getting on with it - but I second
your view that we actually need to release the next version of the
Debian distribution in short order.  As noted in a comment on LWN,
however, it may be that the current flamewars are just that - in the
longer term, we won't necessarily remember them, but in the short
term they constitute a major diversion.

Now let's just release Sarge, with or without a rider on
the fact that the Social Contract has changed wording midstream.

All the best,

Andy