Survey on Debian usage
- Q: Are you a: (note: you may choose more than one)
[ ] Debian developer, or otherwise involved in contributing to Debian
[ ] Free software developer
[x] User, using Debian for: __server environment_______________________
[ ] Other: __________________________________
- Q: Could you please provide one or two typical episodes (whatever you feel
like) of your life with Debian?
A: Installing debian slink on a 68k mac without any prior knowledge of debian - what a learning curve :)
Currently (about 8 yrs later) putting debian on everything that has a cpu and being KNOWLEDGEABLE about it :)
- Q: Could you please provide one or two fantasy episodes of your life with
Debian, if you were to make a movie or a comic strip about yourself as a
A: Covert linux installer in a corporate network environment - undetected for over 18 months he-he
- Q: What Debian distribution are you using?
A: woody and sid
- Q: What do you think people use Debian for?
A: APT - and the wonderful mailing lists ;)
- Q: What is the thing you most frequently use Debian for?
- Q: What do you think is the most INTERESTING aspect or feature of Debian?
A: Adhering to the open source ideal !
- Q: Are there some aspects or features of Debian that do not satisfy you?
A: Yes! Debian should rule the universe
- Q: What do you think is the most USEFUL aspect or feature of Debian?
A: ahh is this a trick question?
- Q: Is there something you especially like doing with Debian? What is it?
A: installing it, especially with the old installer
- Q: Is there something you DO NOT like doing with Debian? What is it?
A: hmmm, OK getting some peripherals to work can be a chore
- Q: What is the MOST SUCCESSFUL deed you have achieved with Debian?
A: easy - Nubus PPC woody install and web server environment
- Please take a moment to recall what is the WORST INCIDENT you had
Q: What was it?
A: My initial foray with 2.1 and a 2ci mac
Q: How did you get into it, and out of it?
A: seemed like a good idea and I suceeded with perseverence :)
- Imagine you have a crystal ball allowing you to see 10 years in the
future, and have a look inside.
Q: Will you still be using Debian?
Q: If yes, what will you be doing with it?
- Q: Finally, please feel free to leave any feedback to Debian Developers
A: Keep up the fantastic work :)
Thank you again for your time and help in making improvements to Debian!
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <firstname.lastname@example.org>