Re: Tag your packages

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 19:10, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Tags are grouped by "facet" or "namespace"[1]
> [1] we still haven't agreed on the term, and we have more
> important things to do :)

You've come to the right place.  At debian-devel we are always
willing to argue over the meanings of words.

First notice that a facet is something that an object has, whereas
a namespace is something that a name of an object occupies.
Thus, your two terms aren't really alternatives to each other,
but complements of each other.  One is a material-mode term, the
other a formal-mode term.

I suggest you say that the tags belong to tagspaces; that each
tagspace corresponds to a particular facet of packages; and that
each tag signifies a particular property that packages have.
--
Thomas