Are tissues hardware? (Was: Re: Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge)

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 12:08:31PM -0500, Joe Wreschnig wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 10:55, Stephen Peters wrote:
> > I have a package of Kleenex on my desk.  It's not hardware, so that
> > makes it software, right?
>
> Why is it not hardware?

I would like to ask you to discuss whether or not a box of Kleenex
tissues is hardware on debian-curiosa, or debian-legal if you think it
is relevant for certain legal aspects in Debian.

I really fail to see the relevance of the hardwareness of Kleenex on a
technical discussion list that debian-devel is supposed to be.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl