Re: "Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge" or "Debian commits suicide"

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 01:30:56PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 06:45:47AM -0700, Tim Healy wrote:
> >> I can't believe I'm reading this. Such an abrupt change in policy at
> >> this point in time, having long previously granted exemptions on these
> >> matters, goes well beyond idiocy and incompetence on the part of our
> >> inappropriately titled and clearly failed "Release Manager",

> > If you think the RM likes this situation, you're a lunatic. You really
> > don't know what you're talking about.
> The RM was being hypocritical, using a bogus interpretation of the Social
> Contract to convince himself that he wasn't.  After the amendment passed,
> he was unable to delude himself further.  I don't think the proponents of
> the amendment could have predicted his psychology.

I will thank you to stop maligning the integrity of our release manager.
Even if his contributions to Debian *weren't* significant enough to
warrant a great deal of respect, comments like this are certainly not
helpful to a community still trying to get a release out the door.  It
would be a wonder to me if AJ isn't considering resigning, when this is
the response he gets to honest expressions of concern, and it would be a
great loss to the project if he did.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer